Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Customization & Alterations

Most sample shops or sample sales will mark their tags "as is". I do not do this for two reasons: 

1. Any small imperfections (a button missing, a broken zipper) are fixed at my expense, not my brides. 
2. I want my brides to look at my gowns with an eye as to what can be done to make it unique and special. 

While many gowns are sold with the intention of wearing them as presented (not "as is" as that means "with problems and all") most of my brides love the idea of making a gown their own. We often add interesting straps, keyhole back and corsets. We change bead work  add lace and make some gowns convertible to shorties. There are endless possibilities. 

Now, having said this, NOTHING could be done without my wonderful team of seamstresses. While all are independent contractors, I call them "mine" because we work so closely together. There are so many ideas and designs floating around in my head but the truth is, I cannot even sew on a button! I am blessed with these women who can transform my thoughts in to reality. It's so exciting to see the final product and the look of joy that these "custom" gowns bring to these brides. As you can tell, I am very proud of this practice and of the truly talented people with whom I work!

The Bridal Boutique of Naperville recommend, but does not employ, the following alteration experts:

Mary Burlingame  
630-462-1315

Brynda Streff 
Angele Designs
Facebook
630-653-1509

Kimberley Schuler 
773-320-4155

Sarah Hunt Bollhorst
Omnifairious
Website
Facebook
217-848-0758 
(Sarah does not do local alterations . She does custom design work for us from her studio in Florida!)

All my best,
Bonnie

1 comment: