Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Moms!

MOB (Mother of the Bride), one of the most important people in the wedding party. I long for the day to be the "MOB". I, like the wonderful MOB's of today, will keep my thoughts to myself, think only of my daughter's feelings and smile all the time! You think I'm kidding right? Nope! 

This is what I've noticed...MOB's have become so complacent, so willing to let their daughters pick any gown they wish, so happy, no matter what their daughters try on, that it is driving the BTB (Bride To Be) INSANE! The wonderful TV shows, such as "Say Yes To The Dress" and "I Found The Gown," have taught these mothers to be considerate and compassionate. But, nobody told the BTB that she would be losing the time honored tradition of being annoyed with her mother for being too pushy, too opinionated and all together a pain in the a** Brides are now frustrated by their mother's lack of opinion. They take it as a loss of interest. Some even act out, yelling at their non pushy mothers. 

I have to say, I am enjoying the change.. MOB's have turned the table. The power is ours! I'm sure it wont last, but I now want a "time out" chair for the brides who become exasperated with their AYWMOB's (Anything You Want Mother Of the Brides!)

All my best,
Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment